Golf Course Slide Show
Clay Center Country Club2013.jpg
Mariah Hils GC.jpg
Clay Center Country Club.jpg
Assistant Superintendent - Reflection Ridge GC (Wichita)
Degree in Golf Course Management Preferred. (exception would be based on qualifications, years of experience, and certifications held).
1. Paid time off (7 holidays/10 days vacation.) Can float holidays.
2. Sick leave (6 days per year.)
3. Health Care Options for individual and family. BC/BS and Delta Dental (max for employee 15% - family members is 50% of monthly premium)
4. ½ price meals – drinks free
5. Employee discount at ProShop.
6. Golf (green fees/cart/range no charge – non peak times only. ½ price guest fees)
7. Pre Tax Medical available (Precision Admin)
8. Work shirts provided.
9. Annual salary increased based on performance and subject to company funding.
10. Bonus based on company funding.
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the superintendent. Under the superintendent’s supervision, the assistant directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course greens, fairways, tees, etc. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent’s capacity during his/her absence.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of golf course grounds
- Assists in scheduling daily work and supervises employees and the use of the equipment
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment
- Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide equipment
- Supervises and participates with daily watering regiment
- Assists in personnel management, evaluation and employee safety
- May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course greens, fairways, tees, and rough
- Knowledge of the seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf
- Knowledge of planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees
- Knowledge of the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers, pesticides, soil conditioners and pest control methods and materials
- Knowledge of drainage control methods
- Knowledge of the irrigation system (including wells and pumps), control boxes and irrigation software
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of staff and equipment
- Knowledge of agronomy and plant diseases
- Prepare and maintain clear concise reports (chemical inventory)
- Maintain computer log of fuel reports
- Maintain effective employee and public relations
- Understanding of the rules of golf
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to lift and turn objects of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in all types of weather
- Ability to work early mornings and whenever else is needed